Saturday 14 April 2012

Time To Chill Out and Take It Easy In Barbados - Travel


It is the weekend once again and as most of my readers will be aware, that the weekend means only one thing and that it is time to take things real easy and spend some quality time with the family.

Dont get me wrong I dont take things easy during the week; I work real hard during and put in a 12+ hours a day. Im a firm believer that if you have things that you want to achieve in life that you have to put the effort, time and thought into making those things happen. But I also believe that you have to spend quality time resting and relaxing and enjoying life with your family and friends.

I was going to head to the beach and enjoy my favourite aspect of life on Barbados. For me nothing beats taking things easy at an amazingly beautiful beach and enjoying the warmish waters of the Caribbean Sea or even the cooler waters of the Atlantic Ocean, I dont mind I love them both. It is a wee bit wet today so I will put the beach on hold until another day. That reminds me, I need to get a new boogie board, because of the damage to the last one caused not by sharks, but by my Staffordshire Bull Terrier, that thinks it is protecting me from the Boogie Board.

I have a load of magazines to read and a few board games that the kid loves to play to keep me occupied. I also have one of my favourite cocktail recipes called the Road Runner to try out later when the kid is safely tucked away in his bed, which Im looking to sampling again because it has been a while. I know this cocktail tastes real good, because I have sampled it before back home in Scotland during one of my legendary cocktail evenings.

The Road RunnerIngredients:Amount Ingredient (Click ingredient for more recipes)2 Shots Russian Vodka1 Shot Disaronno Amaretto1 Shot Coconut Cream1 Shot Cream1 Scoop Ice Cream (Vanilla)

Method:Blend all ingredients with crushed ice until smooth.

Serve in a Martini Glass.

This cocktail is pure heaven, it seems to hit the right spot for me everytime I have it! I also have have a few more cocktail recipes, which you may find of interest, The Best Pina Colada Recipe In The World and Cocktail Recipes For The Weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment